Sunday, March 30, 2008

Triangular Weaving




I recently purchased two triangular looms. You can weave shawls and large scarves on a triangular loom. It's easier than weaving on a regular loom, since it's done with a continuous thread from skeins of yarn. The photos show the 36" loom. I also purchased a 5 foot loom, and am currently making a shawl on it that can probably be used as a beach wrap as well. I will be weaving with Summer yarns like silks and cottons and then switch back to wools in the Fall.



This link will bring you to Workstead Fiber Studio to learn more about triangular weaving.

I will be adding my shawls to my Etsy Store soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, this is so cool. I wish I knew how to do this. Even if you weren't using them, they look so nice as a decoration. I love the weave of the pink yarn.

Gracious Hospitality is doing another post on her Tea-a-thon. Stop by and see all the bloggers that love tea. Love, Karen

Unknown said...

I love this new Nuno felted scarves. They are lovely. Love, Karen