Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mermaid Jewelry

Resin pendants are so popular now, so I started experimenting with my felting techniques. Voila! Mermaid Jewelry! The colors and style remind me of mermaid jewelry. This is so comfortable to wear too!

This pendant tray is made of lead-free pewter. The back has etched swirls with a black undertone. I made the chain using silver-plated chain, finished with a sterling silver lobster claw clasp.

The needle felt is mostly wool fleece, needle punched with bits of hand-dyed silk from Oliver's Twists, and embellished with aqua Miyuki seed beads.
The necklace is a standard size 16" chain, which fits comfortably on most people.

This is another pendant - round - and filled with needle punched felt, embellished with seed beads.

From far away, it looks like a tiny painting of an organic landscape.












This will be listed on my etsy shop soon!

No comments: